Because part of what I do is helping people get started influencing for Christ, writing blogs is part of my training I do for my Leadership team and private clients. It took me time to learn how to blog and get results so today I want to share with you what I wish someone would’ve helped me with. The truth is if you’re not clear on the results you want to produce, then you’re blogging is not going to be as effective.
Here’s a possibility if you’re writing and not being able to turn your blog into conversions to coaching, speaking or consulting. They don’t reach out to you because the truth is, they may not be convinced you are the person who can really solve their problem. Have you ever seen someone do a video, connect with you or write something that literally set your hair on end? I mean, they touched something really deep down in you and instantly you knew…no matter what it takes financially, this is the person for me! If you have experienced this, you know what it feels like to pray and pray for God to lead you to the right person or resource, to read dozens of articles but finally come across someone you trust enough to invest and move forward. It could be into buying your book, coaching, counseling, membership programs or attending a conference.
I am talking about an emotion and feeling that this is the right fit for you. And here’s the thing I have noticed about this for myself when I have experienced this. This person I hired didn’t sell me. They activated faith in my heart to the point I knew if I just stuck with them and followed their mentoring, I was going to be successful.
So here are a couple other reason’s you might not be seeing conversions.
- You are using your blog to process pain that you have not received resurrection power for. Never share publicly what you haven’t received breakthrough for privately. People can tell you’re still wounded or still feel victimized.
- There’s a lot of storytelling but not specific strategies that people can instantly implement for results. It’s great to tell a story but it should point to why it’s important to move forward if you include it.
- You have not defined WHO God is calling you to serve exactly so you can’t stay strategic for that audience. You haven’t been called to serve the entire world but a very specific niche of people. Find them and you will get excellent results.
- Your personality is not coming out in your writing because you’re trying too hard to be perfect. This separates you from everyone else doing the same thing and serving the same people.
- Not enough consistent blogging. It takes once a week over years time for you to grow an expert status if you are trying to create a brand from scratch. You can’t fill a pipeline with once a month blogging.
- You’re writing from your head and not your heart so people don’t see you as authentic. People want to know where you have made mistakes and can show them out of your own experience how to receive success. Lead with a limp.
Lastly, have you learned how to activate faith in people? In Romans 10:17 it says, faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. I have learned over many years how to use the word of God to activate people’s faith for them to believe it is possible to see a breakthrough in their lives. If you would like to join me for how that translates into blogging and writing, I invite you to join our Leadership team as I take everyone through live training on this very subject so that you can help the people God is calling you to get the result’s that glorifies God!