Today I want to talk to you about why it’s important for you to start a blog and a couple practical things you can focus on with your writing so you can begin to impact people immediately for Christ.
First things. I believe one of the most crucial things about helping people receive transformation from Christ is simply activating their faith. You see, faith my friend, is the difference between life and death. I know, if I can simply just plant a seed of hope that has the possibility of bringing forward momentum. Every day, there is a battle for people’s hearts. We will either contribute to them moving forward or we will add to their unbelief because there is no middle ground in the kingdom of God.
Here’s the next thing. It’s our job as people of God to promote courage. To help them push past fear so they will risk failure and see it’s possible to be successful with that dream in their heart. Without this, they will never be overcomers. And for me, everything boils down to what can I do as a coach, speaker, and writer to help people see that they have within them, an overcomers identity. Even when they feel scared and are belching, pooping and vomiting from the stress of pushing themselves out of the comfort zone. Did I say that? Yes, I did because that’s how I know my clients are really applying themselves to faith. Just saying:)
- You must be comfortable with bringing people to a decision making place. Believe it’s possible that God will use you as unfinished as you are! That means you must be persuasive in why you believe the course of action you are suggesting is not just important but imperative. Tell them exactly why they simply must do what you are suggesting.
- Write to your best friend, not a huge audience. This way you will be much more personal and heartfelt. Break it down into a process, you’re helping him or her solve a specific problem and you know they will be successful if they just do 1, 2 and 3!
- Tell them CLEARLY what will happen if they don’t move forward. Pain is an important motivator and this is not deflating faith. Jesus clearly talked about the difference between life and destruction. He also had no problem telling people how to be successful eternally and what they were doing to make things difficult. He was loving but spoke the truth in a way where people had to make a choice. You will never impact anyone on your blog if you don’t get over the fear of offending people or making it very clear what the right and wrong way to do something is.
- Use scripture. Don’t cram it but I suggest using minimally one scripture per blog if you’re just starting out. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. I personally believe the word of God is alive. It’s not just pointing to the story of the resurrection but literally alive. It’s Christ incarnate and it does not come back null and void. It’s sharper than any two-edged sword and has the ability to discern motivations to people if they are open to change.
- Give them a next step on how they can partner with you or get plugged in for momentum. This is the most important part of your blog. This is not about you, this about helping your client or member receive the support they need to stay consistent all the way to the end. No one builds anything successfully on their own. There are typically two or three people in their life that help them stay clear, on track and motivated until they finish their goal.
Remember, blogging is just an extension of your personal identity. All you’re doing is thinking in a context that you’re a couple steps ahead of who you are trying to help. You don’t have to be a famous, international guru! That’s not the point. The objective is to help someone receive transformation from Christ through your blog and the steps God has given you. Need support as you get started on your journey to disciple, coach or speak from your heart? Join my Leadership team and let me get you plugged in with a year’s worth of identity and branding work!
Becky Harmon is a coach, speaker, entrepreneur and ministry leader. Her success in these areas has placed her in demand as a personal advisor to pastors and marketplace leaders worldwide. To begin your training on how to step into the authority and calling God has for you, go here and get started on her FREE identity training page!
To have Becky speak to your congregation or train your leaders on the 4 Phases of Spiritual Warfare and how they can begin to share their testimony to make disciples, contact her here.