One of the things I tell people all the time when you’re in a battle, you better get very structured and strategic about WINNING. Christian’s underestimate the amount of prayer and persistence over long-periods of time they have to put into overcoming obstacles. It also takes TIME for your IDENTITY IN CHRIST to be solidified. There is a process you go through of learning how to be an overcomer. It doesn’t happen overnight. You’re redeemed, but you have to be TRAINED to be an overcomer. Here’s a little cheat sheet I made up for when you’re dealing with fear and need some practical steps on how to overcome it. I have written it out in this post and also a Fear Cheat Sheet for you to download and print off at home!
Be as militant about solving problems as the enemy is about keeping you in bondage to fear!
QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION!
1. Get up at 5 am with coffee and start reading the word to activate faith. Ask God for more courage, declare your identity in Christ over yourself.
2. Walk fast or run for 1 hour and listen to your favorite worship music. Worship is WARFARE that confuses the enemy.
3. Eat a protein every 21/2 hours to keep blood sugar stable.
4. Call a friend to agree with me in prayer that I will be an overcomer in this area.
5. I will not talk about this fear with anyone else after committing it to prayer and with a friend.
6. When realizing you are visualizing a bad outcome, just redirect thoughts an out-loud quote a scripture that will give you courage. (Jesus didn’t think answers to the devil, he spoke the word out-loud. It’s a sword, use it.)
7. Avoid negative, critical people, any TV programs or movies that are fear based or reflect people becoming victimized.
8. Pray and ask God for a solution to this challenge. When you get ANY idea’s, act on them immediately. Evaluate outcome and lean in the direction of anything that took you one step closer to victory.
9. Think of two or three friends that you respect in this area that have been overcomers. Ask them for their best tips. Even if you tried it already, do it again with faith.
10. During the day, pause internally and just acknowledge the presence of Christ. He is with you, he never leaves you or will abandon you. Just inwardly drawing near will give you more peace.
11. Get out in sunshine for 1 hour a day; Vitamin D elevates your mood.
12. Get a good night sleep and try to resist sugar. Run to God and try not to medicate with food or alcohol. It only gives temporary relief rather than God’s peace which will point to him.
13. If people ask you how you are doing, tell them that you expect the best and describe what you are hoping happens. Make sure to smile when you share where you are going in faith! This is not fake it till you make it, this is SPEAKING order to the chaos. (Genesis 1)
ENJOY! Faith forward! Love, Bec:)
Becky Harmon is a coach, speaker, and entrepreneur. Her success in these arenas has placed her in demand as a personal advisor to ministry and marketplace leaders world-wide. To discover how you can build an influential life and reach people for Christ out of the most sabotaging of circumstances, order 4 Phases of Spiritual Warfare. It breaks down the individual strategies and prayers you need at each phase of your walk to remember WHO YOU ARE and stay faith-filled through even the most difficult challenges. Purchase it today on Amazon and Kindle.